Welcome to Takes Two Eggs
We're Megan and Eliezer, real food lovers, boba connoisseurs, and visual storytellers based in sunny Southern California. Takes Two Eggs is our online cookbook where we share authentic Asian and innovative Asian fusion recipes using everyday ingredients, plus cooking tips and tricks, and food photography guides. Our hope is that you’ll be inspired to cook our easy and healthy meals and also challenge yourself to our more complex recipes as well.
Balance is the theme we try to achieve when it comes to cooking and eating. We don’t follow any specific diet (ie. gluten free, vegan, keto etc.) but we make it our priority to eat whole foods, portion out enough protein and limit our dairy intake (only because we’re lactose intolerant). This leaves us room for grace when we give into our dessert cravings.
We matched on Bumble in 2020 in San Francisco, California. Megan, a Vietnamese American, was working as a labor and employment lawyer. Eliezer, a mixed Puerto Rican and American, was working as a motion designer. Our entire life, we had worked tirelessly to get to where we thought we wanted to be and living the quintessential "type A" workaholic personas. Over time, we both felt our intuition telling us that this wasn't the life we were meant to live.
Thus, when COVID and the shelter in place lockdowns went into effect, we had the time and space to re-evaluate our life and what truly brought us joy. For Megan, she began to lean into cooking and baking recipes she had always loved eating in restaurants and bakeries. And Eliezer was able to explore health and nutrition from a more vibrant perspective. Merging together we took our passion for flavor and created this site to inspire other home cooks to create and share the same joy we experienced.
We started Takes Two Eggs so we could combine our creativity, grow together, and create a space to hopefully inspire others to do the same. To us, food is a bridge for connecting people of all backgrounds and we’re excited to help others build bridges in their own lives too.
- Born: Megan was born and raised in Southern California. She's only ever lived California because it is the best state in the U.S.
- Education: Megan received her B.A. in Political Science and Sociology at University of Southern California and her J.D. at UC Davis School of Law.
- Favorite Food: Noodles, dumplings and steamed buns.
- Favorite Drink: Boba tea
- Favorite Color: Pink and Gold
- Favorite Movie Genre: Romantic Comedies
- Biggest Fear: Not experiencing everything life has to offer
- Born: Eliezer was born and raised in a small town in Kansas. He's also lived in Florida, New York, and California. He loves to be where it is warm and sunny 365 days a year.
- Education: Eliezer received his B.F.A. in Motion Design at Ringling College of Art and Design.
- Favorite Food: All things grilled or Poke. (He avoids fried foods at all costs)
- Favorite Drink: He drinks an absurd amount of water everyday
- Favorite Color: Black and White
- Favorite Movie Genre: Thriller and Drama.
- Biggest Fear: Not chasing after what you love